prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
8 veal cutlets - pounded to 1/8-inch thick
16 sage leaves
8 slices prosciutto
1 cup flour
5 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 pound mixed mushrooms - chopped
1 large shallot - finely chopped
2 cloves garlic - finely chopped
1 cup marsala
1/2 cup chicken stock
3 tablespoons butter
1 large bundle asparagus - trimmed
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1. preheat oven to the lowest setting. add a platter and 4 dinner plates; let warm.
2. season the veal on both sides with salt and pepper. place 2 sage leaves on top of each cutlet, then wrap slice of prosciutto around. place the flour on a large plate and dredge the cutlets lightly shaking off the excess flour.
3. in a large skillet, heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium-high heat. add half the cutlets and cook, turning once, until golden and cooked through, 2 - 3 minutes per side. transfer to the warm platter and repeat with 2 tablespoons of olive oil for the remaining cutlets.
4. add the remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil to the skillet. add the mushrooms and cook, stirring often, until brown, 7 - 8 minutes. add the shallot and garlic, stir 1 minute then add the marsala. increase the heat to high and boil until the sauce is reduced by half, about 4 minutes. add the stock and butter and remove from heat. stir until the butter melts and the sauce thickens.
5. in another large skillet, bring a few inches of water to a boil. salt the water, add asparagus, and cook until crisp tender, about 3 minutes.
6. divide the cutlets among the warm plates. top with marsala mushrooms. garnish with chopped parsley.
- rachael ray magazine, july/august 2014