prep time: tbd
cook time: 45 minutes
1 package frozen puff pastry - thawed according to directions
4 tablespoons butter - melted
4 tablespoons dry white wine
12 ounces skinless walleye fillets - cut into 3-ounce portions
2 tablespoons chopped parsley
1 large egg - beaten
2 tablespoons milk
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. on a lightly floured surface, roll out on of the puff pastry sheets with a rolling pin to make it large enough to cut out 2 circles approximately 8-inches in diameter. repeat with second sheet of puff pastry, cutting 2 more circles.
2. combine the butter and wine. lay out the circles on a lightly floured board. brush the centers of the circles with butter mixture, leaving 1-inch boarder around the edges.
3. place the walleye portions on the lower half of each circle and season lightly with salt and pepper. sprinkle with parsley.
4. whisk the egg into the butter mixture and brush the edges of the circles. fold over the tops of the circles and seal by making overlapping folds or pressing with the tines of a fork. use a spatula to place the puff pastry packages on an ungreased baking pan.
5. whisk the milk into the egg mixture and glaze the pastries being careful not to let the glaze run off the edge of the pastry.
6. bake pastry for 40 - 45 minutes or until puffed and golden brown.