prep time: 30 minutes
cook time: 20 minutes
1 1/2 pound thin spaghetti - broken in half
4 tablespoon butter
4 cloves garlic - minced
1 pound white mushrooms - quartered
1/2 teaspoon salt + more to taste
1 cup white wine
1/3 cups flour
4 cups turkey broth
1 8-ounce block of cream cheese
3 cups cooked turkey - shredded or diced
1 1/2 cup frozen peas
4 slices bacon - fried and cut into bits
1 cup grated monterey jack cheese
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1 cup panko bread crumbs
1. cook pasta according to package instructions until al dente. drain, rinse, and set aside.
2. in a pan add the butter and garlic and cook until garlic is fragrant. add mushrooms and salt, then saute for a couple more minutes. pour in the wine and allow to cook with the mushrooms for several minutes, or until the liquid reduces by half.
3. sprinkle in flour, then stir the mushrooms around for another minute. pour in the broth and stir, cooking for another few minutes until a roux thickens.
4. reduce heat to medium low. cut cream cheese into pieces and add to the pot; stir to melt. add turkey, peas, bacon, and the cheeses. stir to combine. add salt and pepper to taste.
5. add the cooked spaghetti and stir to combine. add more broth if needed.
6. preheat oven to 350. pour mixture into a large baking dish and sprinkle with panko bread crumbs. bake for 20 minutes, or until casserole is bubbly and the crumbs are golden brown.
- tasty kitchen