prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
2 pounds chicken breast - cut into 2-inch pieces
2 medium white onions
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 teaspoons cumin
1/2 teaspoon red cayenne pepper
2 red bell peppers
2 yellow squash
1 can yellow corn
1 can black beans
1 package corn tortillas
1 large can red or green enchilada sauce
2 small packages of jiffy cornbread mix (with 1 egg and milk specified on the box)
16-ounces shredded cheese
35 - 40 charcoal coals
1. cook chicken with onions, oil, cumin, cayenne pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
2. add peppers and squash. cook for about 5 - 10 minutes; set aside. prepare the cornbread mix according to package. light coals for dutch oven.
3. add corn and black beans to chicken mixture. cook until warmed through.
4. pour 1 cup enchilada sauce in the bottom of the dutch oven. add a layer of chicken mixture and place a single layer of corn tortillas on top. repeat layers until all chicken mix is used. pour the liquid mixture of cornbread on top of the layers. spread cheese on top.
5. find a flat surface and put a round lid on the ground with three flat, similarly sized rocks in a triangle formation. put 5 coals evenly spaced between the rocks. place the dutch oven on the lid, balanced on the rocks. line the top with coals, and put two coals in the center. wait 25 - 30 minutes.