prep time: tbd
cook time: 30 minute
servings: 12 patties
1/2 cup mayonnaise
3 - 5 tablespoons sriracha sauce
2 pounds pheasant, duck, wild turkey or other gamebird - deboned and roughly chopped
2 - 3 habanero peppers - deseeded
1 teaspoon coriander seed
1/3 cup fish sauce
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2 teaspoons baking powder
1 cup cilantro leaves
baguette - split and lightly toasted
1. combine the mayonnaise and sriracha sauce. refrigerate until ready to use.
2. preheat the oven to 300 degrees. combine the meat, peppers, coriander, fish sauce, sugar, cinnamon, and baking powder in a bowl. working in batches, grind the mixture into a paste using a food processor with the blade attachment.
3. with an ice-cream scoop, spoon the mixture onto a parchment-lined or nonstick sheet pan. gently flatten each ball into a hamburger-style patty. bake for 30 minutes, or until the center is thoroughly cooked and a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.
4. slather the cooked bread with the sriracha mixture and top with a big pinch of clinator. lay on the hot patty, and close it up with the remaining piece of bread to form a sandwich.
- field & stream, february 2011