prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
servings: 2 - 4
1 box jumbo shells
1 1/2 cups lemon basil ricotta
1 cup pecorino romano - grated on the largest holes of the box grater
3 tablespoon butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 clove garlic
3/4 cup champagne
1/2 cup heavy cream
1. butter a large baking dish. bring a large pot of water to boil and season with salt. cook the jumbo shell pasta two - 3 minutes shy of al dente.
2. meanwhile, season the ricotta with salt and pepper. mix in half of the grated pecorino and set aside.
3. once the pasta is partially cooked, drain well and spread out onto a rimmed baking sheet. with a spoon stuff the shells until the ricotta is gone (you may have left over shells) and place the stuffed shells into the baking dish.
4. in a small sauce pan melt the butter. once melted press in the garlic clove. cook until fragrant and soft, but not browned. whisk in the flour and cook for a minute. pour in the champagne and the cream while whisking. let bubble until slightly thick, 1 - 2 minutes. add some pepper and remove. pour evenly over the stuffed shells. top with remaining cheese.
5. place in a the oven and bake until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbly, about 20 - 30 minutes.
- simply scratch