prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
servings: 2 - 4
1 3-pound rabbit - cut into 8 pieces
1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
2 teaspoons chopped fresh oregano
6 garlic cloves - crushed and peeled
2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon pepper
1/2 cup white wine
1 tablespoon olive oil
5 thing slices lemon - seeded
4 tablespoon butter - cut into pieces
4 ounces feta cheese - crumbled
1. place rabbit pieces in a large bowl and toss with rosemary, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper. cover loosely with plastic wrap and let stand at room temperature for 1 hour.
2. heat oven to 400 degrees. in a small saucepan over medium heat, simmer wine until reduced by half.
3. heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. add rabbit pieces and garlic in a single layer and cook until meat is golden brown, 3 - 4 minutes a side.
4. put lemon slices and half the butter into the pan. pour in reduced wine. cover and transfer to oven for 5 minutes. uncover and scatter feta over the top. continue cooking until rabbit is just cooked through 5 - 10 minutes more. stir in remaining butter and salt if needed.
- new york times, march 2014