prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
2 1/2 cups flour
2 tablespoon sugar
1 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
16 tablespoons unsalted butter - cut into pieces
1/2 cup ice water
6 ounces semi-sweet chocolate chips
4 tablespoon unsalted butter - cut into pieces
1 15-ounce can pumpkin puree
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
3 large eggs
3/4 cups brown sugar
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cornstarch
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
3/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup milk chocolate chips - melted
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. in a bowl of a food processor, combine the flour, sugar, and salt. add the butter and pulse until the mixture resembles a coarse meal. combine the vinegar and ice water. slowly add the ice water to the flour mixture and pulse until mixture just comes together. divide into two portions and wrap in plastic wrap. refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
1. in a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine the butter and chocolate chips. melt, stirring frequently, until chocolate and butter are melted and smooth. remove from heat.
3. in a second bowl, combine the pumpkin, evaporated milk, eggs, sugar, vanilla, cornstarch, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg and salt. stir until well combined and smooth. add the chocolate butter mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until smooth and well combined.
4. remove one of the dough portions from the fridge. roll out onto a lightly floured surface into a 1/4-inch thick circle. transfer to a 9-inch pie pan. crimp the edges with your fingers. pour the filling mixture into the unbaked pie shell. bake for 55 - 60 minutes or until the edges are set and the center is still slightly jiggly. cool for 30 minutes on wire rack. refrigerate for at least 8 hours.
5. before serving, drizzle with melted chocolate.
- food 52