prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
servings: 45 fritters
1 1/4 - 1 1/2 pounds zucchini - unpeeled, finely grated
1 cup flour
1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
2 teaspoon sugar
2 teaspoon + a pinch of salt
2 large eggs - separated
1/3 cup milk
1 tablespoon butter - melted
oil for frying
1/3 cup grated parmesan cheese
1. spread the grated zucchini on ink-free paper towels to drain.
2. stir the flour, baking powder, sugar and the 2 teaspoon salt together in a large bowl.
3. beat the egg yolks well in a separate bowl. stir in the milk and melted butter.
4. beat the egg whites with an electric mixer on medium-high speed until foamy. add the pinch of salt, increase the speed to high and beat until stiff peaks form.
5. stir the egg yolk mixture and the drained zucchini into the flour mixture. carefully fold in the beaten egg whites.
6. pour oil to a depth of 1 - 2 inches in a deep-fryer or a large, deep frying pan. heat the oil to about 375 degrees.
7. carefully drop the batter, 1 tablespoon at a time, into the hot oil (do not crowd the pan). fry, turning once, until golden brown all over, about 3 minutes. as they are cooked, use a slotted spoon to transfer the fritters to in-free paper towels to drain. continue frying until all the batter is used.
8. to serve, shake the fritters in a paper bag with the parmesan cheese.
- cooking jewish