prep time: tbd
cook time: 2 hours & 15 minutes
4 turkey thighs or legs
1 small carrot - chopped
1 small onion - chopped
1 sprig rosemary
2 sprigs thyme
1 bay leaf
1 tablespoon tomato paste
1 small can peeled whole tomatoes
2 cups turkey or chicken stock
2 cups dry white wine
1/2 cup flour
1/4 cup chopped flat-leaf parsley
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts
1 clove garlic - minced
zest of 1 lemon
1. preheat oven to 375 degrees. season thighs with salt and pepper. dredge in flour to coat.
2. in a heavy bottomed pan, heat olive oil over high heat until smoking. place thighs in pan and cook until brown all over, about 5 minutes on each side. transfer to a plate and set aside.
3. reduce heat to medium and add carrot and onion and a pinch of salt and pepper. cook until vegetables are soft and golden brown, about 7 minutes. add rosemary, thyme, bay leaf and tomato paste and cook for about 30 more seconds. add the tomatoes, chicken stock and wine and bring to a boil.
4. place turkey back into pan and submerge at least halfway. cover and place in oven for about 2 hours until meat is nearly falling off the bone. remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes.
5. combine parsley, pine nuts, garlic, lemon zest and salt and pepper to taste. sprinkle over osso bucco before serving.
- good, november 2012