prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
1 small yellow onion - diced
2 tablespoons olive oil
1/2 teaspoon curry powder
3 whole cloves (optional)
2 cups butternut squash - peeled, seeded and cubed
1 medium sweet potato - peeled and chopped
5 cups chicken stock
1 thyme sprig
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. saute onions with the oil, curry powder and cloves on low until translucent.
2. add squash, sweet potato, stock, thyme and salt. simmer, covered, until everything is tender. remove thyme sprig and cloves.
3. puree soup and adjust seasoning to taste.
4. serve with a dollop of creme fraiche.
- inspiring the every day blog