prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
pasta sheets ingredients:
2 cups flour
1 pound butternut squash - cut into cubes
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1 stick of butter
10 - 12 sage leaves
1. add the flour and eggs to a mixing bowl for a mixer fitted with a dough hook. mix the dough until a ball is formed.
2. turn the dough out onto a floured board and kneed by hand a couple of times. roll dough, flipping it, folding it and rolling it until it is about 1/8-inch thick.
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees. place squash on a baking sheet and coat with olive oil, salt and pepper. place in the oven for 25 minutes or until squash is tender. transfer squash to a bowl and mash with a fork. add parmesan, nutmeg and salt and pepper to taste.
2. place tablespoons of the squash mixture down the center of half of the pasta sheet. brush the dough around the filling with water, then fold the dough over lengthwise so the filling is on one side and surrounded by dough on three sides. cut the ravioli.
3. heat a large pot of water. meanwhile, melt the butter in a sauce pan. add sage leaves. cook on medium-low for 2 - 3 minutes until butter starts to brown. remove from heat and set aside.
4. cook the ravioli in the boiling water for 2 minutes, until it is floating. remove from water and add directly to butter sauce.
- everyday occasions blog