prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
4 1.5-pound lobsters
2 bay leaves
30 black peppercorns
zest of 1 lemon
juice of 1 lemon + more for garnish
2 tablespoons butter + more for buns - melted
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
5 chives + more for garnish - finely chopped
6 hot dog buns
1. add bay leaves and black peppercorns to about 2 - 3 inches of water in a large pot. add lobsters, cover and steam for 12 - 15 minutes, until bright orange/red.
2. let lobster cool to the touch, then open. remove all meat. cut meat into bite-size pieces and put in a mixing bowl.
3. add lemon zest, lemon juice, butter, mayonnaise and salt and pepper to taste.
4. heat buns in the oven on 225 degrees for 10 minutes. brush split buns with melted butter and toast in a dry saute pan, turning frequently until toasted.
5. fill buns with meat mixture and sprinkle with more chives and a squeeze of lemon.
- goop, septemeber 2012