prep time: tbd
cook time: 8 - 12 minutes
1 stick unsalted butter - at room temperature
3/4 cup + 1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
zest of 1 lime
3 tablespoons very finely chopped fresh basil leaves
1 3/4 cup flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1. pre-heat the oven to 375 degrees and line the cookie sheets with parchment paper.
2. cream together butter and sugar until light and fluffy. mix in the egg, vanilla, lime zest and basil. mix together until fully combined.
3. in a separate bowl sift together the flour, baking soda, and salt. mix into the butter mixture until combined.
4. roll 1 tablespoon of dough to make a sphere. repeat with remaining dough. place about 1 inch apart on the cookie sheets. bake 8 - 12 minutes.
5. allow to cool on a wire rack.
- big fat baker