prep time: tbd
cook time: 30 minutes
1 20-ounce bag frozen sliced okra - thawed
1 teaspoon salt + more to taste
1 teaspoon pepper + more to taste
2 cups yellow corn meal
1. preheat oven to 475 degrees. line a baking sheet with aluminum foil and spray generously with cooking spray. set aside.
2. spray the inside of a gallon-sized ziploc bag with cooking spray. add the okra, teaspoon of salt and teaspoon of pepper. close the bag and shake will to blend. let bag sit for 10 minutes
3. add the cornmeal to the bag and shake well to ensure all of the okra is coated. let sit for 10 minutes, then shake again.
4. using a mesh strainer, scoop out okra and shake to remove excess cornmeal. place okra on baking sheet.
5. spray the okra generously with cooking spray. bake for 30 minutes or until golden brown and crunchy. salt and pepper to taste.
- simple girl, simple pleasures blog