prep time: 70 minutes
cook time: 70 minutes
servings: 24 ravioli
4 tablespoons butter - melted
2 packages cream cheese - softened
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1 egg yolk
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 cup sugar
5 tablespoons flour
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
2 cans pillsbury crescent recipe creations refrigerated seamless dough sheet
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1/8 teaspoon salt
5 tablespoons caramel syrup
4 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
1. pre-heat oven to 375 degrees. brush 2 large cookie sheets with 2 tablespoons of the melted butter. in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and pumpkin on medium speed about 1 minute or until smooth. add egg yolk, vanilla, sugar, 3 tablespoons of flour and pumpkin pie spice; beat on low speed until blended.
2. lightly sprinkle work surface with 1 tablespoon of flour. unroll 1 can of dough on floured surface with 1 short side facing you. press dough into 14 x 12-inch rectangle. with paring knife, lightly score the dough in half horizontally. lightly score bottom half of dough into 12 squares. spoon heaping tablespoon of the pumpkin filling onto center of each square. gently lift and position unscored half of dough over filling. starting at the top folded edge, press handle of wooden spoon firmly between the mounts and along edges of pumpkin filling to seal. using toothpick, poke small hole in top of each ravioli. cut between each ravioli and place 1 inch apart on cookie sheets. repeat with remaining flour, dough sheet and filling. brush ravioli with remaining 2 tablespoons melted butter. bake 9 - 14 minutes or until golden brown.
3. in a medium bowl, beat whipping cream and salt on high speed until soft peaks form. beat in 2 tablespoons of the caramel syrup until stiff peaks form. transfer to serving bowl; cover and refrigerate.
4. remove ravioli from oven. sprinkle with 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar, turn and sprinkle with remaining cinnamon sugar.
5. to serve, place separate ravioli onto each plate. drizzle with teaspoon of the caramel syrup. swirl the remaining 1 tablespoon caramel syrup into bowl of whipped cream and add a dollop to the plate. serve.