prep time: tbd
cook time: 70 minutes
3 tablespoons dry non-flavored bread crumbs
3 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup butter - softened
2 1/2 cups sugar
2 teaspoon lemon extract
3 large eggs
1 1/2 tablespoon lemon rind
1/4 cup lemon juice
8 ounces sour cream
1 cup powdered sugar
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. coat a 10-inch tube pan with cooking spray and dust with breadcrumbs.
2. combine flour, baking soda and salt in a bowl, stir will with a whisk.
3. beat the butter in a large mixing bowl at medium speed until light and fluffy. gradually add the sugar and lemon extract, beating until well-blended. add eggs, 1 at a time, beating well after each additional. add grated lemon rind and 2 tablespoons lemon juice, beat more 30 seconds.
4. add flour mixture to sugar mixture alternately with sour cream, beating at low speed, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
5. spoon batter into prepared pan. bake for 70 minutes or until a wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean. cool in pan 10 minutes on a wire rack. remove from pan. cool completely on wire rack.
6. combine 2 tablespoon of lemon juice and powdered sugar. drizzle glaze over top of cake.
- my recipes