prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
3 tablespoons butter
3 tablespoons flour
1 1/2 cups half and half
3/4 cup heavy cream
1 1/2 tablespoons white wine
1 1/4 cup fresh goat cheese
1/2 cup garlic-herb boursin cheese
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/8 teaspoon pepper
2/3 box cavatappi pasta
1. in a medium saucepan set over medium heat, melt the butter. add the flour to make a roux and cook for 1 minute.
2. add half and half, heavy cream, white wine, salt and pepper. stir to combine and bring to a high simmer. cook the mixture on low for 10 minutes to thicken. set aside to cool for 5 minutes.
3. put the cream mixture into a blender and add the goat and boursin cheeses and tobasco. blend for 10 seconds on low speed until smooth.
4. strain the cheese sauce through a mesh strainer back into the saucepan and set aside to cool.
5. bring a pot of salted water to a boil. add the pasta and cook until al dente, about 8 - 9 minutes. strain the pasta and add it to the cheese sauce. turn the heat to medium-low and warm the macaroni and cheese until heated through, about 2 minutes. season with more salt if necessary. finish with a touch of cracked pepper.
- erins food files