prep time: 20 minutes
cook time: 50 minutes
servings: 6 - 8
lobster dumplings ingredients:
1 1/2 cup white bread crumbs
1/2 tablespoon softened butter
1 egg beaten
2 teaspoons chopped tarragon
1/2 cup chopped cooked lobster meat (see below)
4 ounces butter
4 tablespoons shallots - minced
1 head cauliflower - greens removed, head cut into small pieces
6 cups chicken stock
1 cup heavy cream
1 pinch nutmeg
3 1 1/2-pound whole lobsters - cooked, meat removed from shell, 1/2 cup tail meat reserved for dumplings and remaining tail meat sliced into rounds
1 tablespoon truffle oil
lobster dumplings steps:
1. mix all ingredients together and roll into small firm balls about 1/2-inch in diameter.
1. heat butter in a large saucepan over low heat. add shallots and cauliflower and season with salt. saute the cauliflower until it begins to lightly caramelize and become tender. add stock and simmer for 20 minutes or until vegetables are completely soft.
2. puree mixture until smooth in a blender. add the heavy cream and nutmeg and bring the soup to a simmer.
3. add the dumplings and poach them in soup for 3 0 5 minutes. check your seasoning and remove from heat.
4. in a soup bowl place the lobster meat and 1 claw in center and pour 8 ounces of soup and dumplings on top and drizzle with truffle oil.
- food network