prep time: tbd
cook time: 45 - 55 minutes
1 1/2 cups lemon cookie crumbs
1/4 cup unsalted butter - melted
5 egg yolks
1 cup sugar - divided
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
1/4 cup unsalted butter - softened
3 packages of cream cheese - softened
2 tablespoons lemon zest
1 teaspoon vanilla
1. in a medium bowl, combine cookie crumbs and butter. press into bottom of 9-inch springform pan and freeze.
1. bring water to a simmer in the bottom of a double broiler. in the top of the double broiler, away from heat, whisk egg yolks. sprinkle 1/4 cup sugar in while whisking. pour in lemon juice in a steady stream while whisking. place top part of double broiler over the simmering water. cook, stirring constantly, until thick, about 7 minutes. whisk in butter. set aside to cool in a bowl.
2. in a large bowl, beat cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar on medium-high for 3 minutes. add eggs, one at a time, beating after each addition. mix in zest, juice and vanilla. swirl lemon mixture into batter. pour over crust.
3. bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until the top is light brown. cool for 2 hours. cover and refrigerate for 6 hours before adding the topping.
1. spread whipped cream over the entire cake.
- eloquent english blog