prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
1 1/2 tablespoon mayonnaise
2 teaspoons yellow mustard
salt and pepper
1 tablespoon barbecue sauce
scallions - sliced
1. hard-boil eggs. transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon and let cool.
2. drain the ice water. one at a time, crack the bottom, wider end of each egg against the bowl, then hold the egg under cold running water and peel.
3. slice the eggs in half lengthwise. scoop the yolks into a bowl. add mayonnaise, mustard, a dash or two of hot sauce, salt and pepper and mash. mix in barbecue sauce.
4. fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture using a spoon, piping bag or resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped. top with sliced scallions and paprika.
- food network magazine, april 2011