prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
1 shallot - diced
1 teaspoon parsley - chopped
1/2 green apple - diced
2 tablespoons mayonnaise
1/2 teaspoon dijon mustard
salt and pepper
lemon thyme or mint
1. hard-boil eggs. transfer eggs to a bowl of ice water with a slotted spoon and let cool.
2. drain the ice water. one at a time, crack the bottom, wider end of each egg against the bowl, then hold the egg under cold running water and peel.
3. cook shallot in butter for 2 minutes. add green apple and cook 1 more minute. add parsley, then let cool.
4. slice the eggs in half lengthwise. scoop the yolks into a bowl. add apple mixture, mayuonnaise, dijon mustard, salt and pepper and mash.
5. fill the egg-white halves with the yolk mixture using a spoon, piping bag or resealable plastic bag with a corner snipped. top with lemon thyme or mint.
- food network magazine, april 2011