prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
1/2 pound brussels sprouts
2 slices bacon
1 - 2 tablespoons olive oil
1 tablespoon brown sugar - not packed
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1. cut off the bottom of each sprout, then slice in half vertically. rinse.
2. dice bacon. saute bacon in skillet over medium heat until just crisp. reserve bacon. pour off drippings.
3. heat olive oil in the skillet. place sprouts in skillet, cut side down. sprinkle with sugar. saute over medium low heat for about 3 minutes or until bottoms start to caramelize and tops start turning bright green.
4. pour vinegar over sprouts and shake pan to distribute. cook for 30 seconds. turn all sprouts over and cook for another minute.
5. add reserved bacon to sprouts. toss and cook for 30 seconds. salt to taste if necessary. serve.
- miss make