prep time: tbd
cook time: 20 minutes
servings: 20 cupcakes
2/3 cup butter - room temperature
1 1/2 cup sugar
2 3/4 cup flour
3 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup sweet white wine
6 egg whites
1 1/2 cup butter - room temperature
6 ounces white chocolate
2 1/2 cups confectioners' sugar
1 1/2 teaspoon sweet white wine
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. in a large mixing bowl, cream together the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. in another bowl, sift together the flour, baking powder and salt. mix the dry ingredients into the butter mixture, alternating with the wine.
2. in a separate small bowl, beat the egg white until stiff peaks form. fold the eggs into the batter.
3. fill a cupcake pan with liners. fill the liners approximately 2/3 full of the batter. bake for about 20 minutes.
4. allow the cupcakes to cool in the pan for a few minutes. move to a cooling rack and cool completely.
1. melt the chocolate over a double boiler or very carefully in the microwave. let cool slightly.
2. in a mixing bowl, cream the butter at medium speed. beat in the melted chocolate. add the confectioners' sugar 1/2 cup at a time, alternating with the wine. beat at low speed until well-blended and light and fluffy. frost cupcakes.
- we are not martha