prep time: tbd
cook time: 30 minutes
2 cups dry elbow macaroni
2 cups chopped frozen or fresh broccoli
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
2 cups shredded pepper jack cheese
1 12-ounce can evaporated milk
1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese - divided
1/2 teaspoon pepper
2 tablespoons bread crumbs
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. lightly butter 2 1/2-quart casserole dish.
2. cook macaroni in large saucepan according to package directions, adding broccoli to boiling pasta water for last 3 minutes of cooking tie. drain.
3. combine cooked pasta, broccoli, cheddar cheese, pepper jack cheese, evaporated milk, 1/4 cup parmesan cheese and pepper in large bowl. pour into prepared casserole dish.
4. combine the remaining parmesan cheese and bread crumbs. sprinkle over macaroni mixture. cover tightly with aluminum foil.
5. bake covered for 20 minutes. remove foil, bake for an additional 10 minutes until lightly browned.
- carnation evaporated milk label