prep time: tbd
cook time: 18 minutes
3/4 cup unsalted butter - softened1 3/4 cup sugar
2 1/2 cup flour
2 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
3 eggs - room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/2 teaspoon lime zest
1 cup corona beer1/4 cup milk
small lime slices (for garnish)
2 egg whites - room temperature
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon lime juice
1 cup sugar
1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/3 cup water
1. line 24 cupcake trays with liners. in a medium bowl, mix together flour, baking power and salt.
2. in a large bowl beat butter on medium speed for 30 seconds. add sugar a little bit at a time, beating well. once it's all added beat for 2 more minutes.
3. add eggs, beating after each.
4. add vanilla and lime zest and beat.
5. mix beer and milk in a measuring cup. alternatively add beer / milk mixture and flour mixture to butter mixture in the large bowl, beating after each. end on the flour mixture.
6. fill cupcake liners 2/3 full. bake for 18 minutes at 375 degrees until cupcakes are golden and a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
7. once cool, frost each cupcake with a generous amount of frosting. just before serving, garnish each with a small lime slice.
1. in a saucepan, mix sugar, water and cream of tartar. cook on medium heat until sugar is dissolved and mixture is bubbly.
2. in a large bowl, beat egg whites, vanilla and lime juice until soft peaks form. slowly add hot sugar mixture, beating continuously. beat for 7 minutes until stiff peaks form.
- modified from miss make blog