prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
1 1/2 cups flour
1/4 cup + 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
10 tablespoons unsalted butter - cubed and softened
1/2 cup + 2 tablespoons confectioner's sugar
2 egg yolks - room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups sugar
3 tablespoon light corn syrup
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
6 tablespoons water
6 tablespoons unsalted butter
6 tablespoons heavy cream
1 tablespoon sour cream
1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
1/2 cup heavy cream
4 ounces bittersweet chocolate - finely chopped
vanilla fleur de sel for garnish (optional)
1. in a medium bowl, combine flour, cocoa powder and salt, set aside. using a mixer cream the butter and sugar until light and fluffy. mix in yolks and vanilla. add flour mixture.
2. divide dough into 6 equal portions. evenly press each portion into the bottoms and sides of 6 3.5-inch tartlet pan with removable bottoms. refrigerate for 30 minutes.
3. preheat oven to 350 degrees, prick the tart shells all over with a fork. bake until cooked through, 13 - 15 minutes. transfer to a rack and let cool.
1. in a medium saucepan over medium heat, whisk together sugar, corn syrup, salt, and 6 tablespoons water and bring to a boil. cook, without stirring, until a candy thermometer inserted into the syrup reads 340 degrees. remove pan form heat and whisk in butter, cream, sour cream and vanilla (the mixture will bubble up) until smooth.
2. pour caramel into cooled tartlet shells and let cool slightly. refrigerate until firm, 3 - 4 hours.
1. in a medium saucepan over medium heat, bring cream to a boil. put chocolate into a medium bowl and pour in hot cream. let sit for 1 minute, then stir slowly with a rubber spatula until smooth.
2. spoon ganache evenly over tartlets and refrigerate until set, 3 - 4 hours.
4. if desired, sprinkle tart withvanilla fleur de sel or sea salt and slice. serve cold.
- my baking addition blog