prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
3 1/2-ounces pumpkin
1 vanilla bean - seeded
2 large eggs
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup milk
1 cup heavy cream
1 large apple - peeled, cored, seeded and diced
1 tablespoon sugar
1/2 vanilla bean - seeded
1 tablespoon butter
1 heaped tablespoon unsalted shelled green pistachios
1. steam the vanilla bean until soft. puree with the pumpkin and set aside.
2. preheat the oven to 320 degrees. in a bowl, beat the eggs with the sugar.
3. in a pot heat the milk and heave cream with the rest of the spices. stir in the pumpkin mixture.
4. while stirring, pour the warm milk batter into the egg batter. divide batters between 6 ramekins.
5. bake the creams in a water bath for 30 minutes, or until the center of the creams is set. remove from the water and let cool. refrigerate until creams are completely set.
1. in a frying pan, melt the butter over medium heat. add the apple, sugar and vanilla bean. cook, stirring occasionally, until soft; about 5 minutes.
2. top each cream with the apples mixture and pistachios and serve.
- la tartine gourmande