prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
servings: 12 mini pies
1 5-ounce container vanilla meringue cookies (about 24 cookies)
6 tablespoons cake flour
1 stick unsalted butter - melted
1 4-serving package lemon pudding or pie filling mix
1/2 cup sugar
2 1/4 cup prepared lemonade
1 cup prepared cherry pie filling
whipped cream (optional)
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees. spray 12 2 1/2-inch muffin cups with cooking spray, set aside.
2. combine the meringue cookies and flour in a food processor, process until the mixture is in fine crumbs. spoon about 2 tablespoons of the mixture into each of the prepared muffin cups. using the back of a measuring tablespoon, press the mixture firmly into the bottoms and sides of the cups.
3. bake for 8 - 10 minutes, or until just starting to brown. remove from the oven and immediately press each cup with the back of the tablespoon. cool the cups in the pan on a wire rack.
1. combine the pudding mix and sugar in a medium saucepan. whisk in the lemonade and egg yolks. continue to whisk over medium-high heat until the mixture comes to a boil. remove from heat and cool for 5 minutes.
2. spoon 2 tablespoons lemon filing into each cooled meringue cup. top each with 1 tablespoon cherry pie filling. chill for about 2 hours or until the filling is set. top with whipped cream.
- food network magazine, april 2011