prep time: tbd
cook time: 15 - 17 minutes
servings: 24 - 36 cookies
1 cup unsalted butter - almost melted
1 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
10 packets instant cider mix
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
3 cups flour
1 bag chewy caramel candies
cinnamon sugar (garnish)
1. preheat the oven to 350 degrees. unwrap approximately 20-30 caramels and line a cookie tray with parchment paper.
2. in a large bowl, cream together the butter, sugar, salt and all 10 packets of apple cider mix until smooth and fluffy. beat in eggs, vanilla, baking soda, and baking powder. add the flour until just combined (don't overwork it).
3. scoop out about a tablespoon of dough and flatten into your hand. add a caramel to the middle and fold the dough around to seal in the candy. roll into a ball (it should be slightly smaller than a golf or ping-pong ball).
4. place the cookies on your cookie sheet with roughly 2 inches between them. sprinkle a little bit of cinnamon sugar on top of each cookie then place in the oven.
5. bake 15 - 17 minutes or until golden brown around the edges. gently slide the parchment with the cookies onto the counter. let cook until they're not soft any more but still slightly warm. twist gently to remove and cool the rest of the way upside down on a cooling rack (or right there on the parchment).
note: once the cookie is upside down the caramel will pull back into the cookie. once they've cooled, they won't leak anymore.
- big mario blog