prep time: tbd
cook time: 20 minutes
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 tablespoons minced shallots (may substitute red onion)
1 tablespoon drained capers - chopped
1 teaspoon minced fresh thyme
1/2 teaspoon grated lemon zest
24 ounce wild salmon fillets (1-1/4 to 1-1/2 inches thick; skinless if available)
1 pound asparagus - trimmed
1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
1. preheat oven to 450 degrees. briskly stir lemon juice, shallots, capers, thyme and lemon zest in small bowl to blend. add sea salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste.
2. slice three 1/2-inch-deep slits crosswise in top of salmon (as if dividing into 4 equal pieces but do not cut through).
3. arrange asparagus in even layer on rimmed baking sheet. drizzle with oil and turn to coat. sprinkle with salt and pepper.
4. place salmon atop asparagus; sprinkle with salt and pepper. roast until salmon is just opaque in center, about 20 minutes.
5. transfer asparagus and salmon to platter. spoon sauce over salmon. cut into 4 pieces along slits, garnish with lemon slices and serve.
- goop, october 2011