prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
servings: 48 small fritters
1 1/2 cups flour
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
pinch of nutmeg
8-ounces ricotta cheese - well drained
1/2 cup pureed pumpkin
2 large eggs - lightly beaten 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
canola oil for frying
confectioner's sugar for garnish
pumpkin puree ingredients:
1 small pie pumpkin - cut in half and seeds removed
1. fill a heavy-bottomed deep saucepan halfway with canola oil. heat to 375 degrees.
2. meanwhile, whisk the flour, sugar, baking powder, salt and spice together in a medium bowl. set aside.
3. add the ricotta cheese, pumpkin, eggs and vanilla extract to a medium bowl. beat with a fork until mixed well. pour over flour mixture and stir until wet and dry ingredients are incorporated, being careful not to overmix.
4. drop a scant teaspoon of the mixture at a time into the heated oil. fry until light golden brown, about 30 seconds on each side. drain on a parchment lined baking sheet.
5. pile drained fritters on a platter and sift powdered sugar over the top.
pumpkin puree steps:
1. place pumpkin halves cut side down on a rimmed baking sheet. bake at 400 degrees until flesh is tender when pierced with a fork, about 30 - 40 minutes depending on the size. let cool completely, then scoop out flesh and add to a food processor.
2. process pumpkin until smooth. spoon into a cheesecloth lined strainer set over a bowl for 10 minutes to let any excess water drain. serve with fritters.
- in jennie's kitchen blog