prep time: tbd
cook time: 60 minutes
3 cups flour
1 1/2 cup brown sugar
3 sticks butter - room temperature
3 8-ounce packages of cream cheese - softened
3/4 cup + 2 tablespoons sugar
3 large eggs
1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
3 large apples - cubed
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
1/2 cup quick cooking oats
1. preheat oven to 350 degrees. line a 9 x 13 baking dish with aluminum foil. in a bowl, combine 2 cups flour and 1/2 cup brown sugar. add 2 sticks of butter and mix until crumbly. press mixture into aluminum lined dish. bake 15 minutes or until golden brown.
2. in a mixing bowl, add cream cheese and 3/4 cup sugar. beat until smooth. add the eggs one at a time, beating the mixture between adding each egg. add the vanilla and mix. pour over the baked crust.
3. in a bowl combine the apples 2 tablespoons of sugar, cinnamon and nutmeg. sprinkle the apples evenly over the cheesecake mixture.
4. in a bowl mix 1 cup brown sugar, 1 cup flour, cooking oats and 1 stick of butter. sprinkle over the apple layer.
5. bake for 40 - 45 minutes or until the cheesecake filling is set. drizzle caramel sauce on top and let cool. refrigerate overnight.
- henning love blog