prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
4 1/4 cups water
1 carrot - chopped
1 onion - chopped
1 cup white wine
salt and pepper to taste
mixed loose leaf salad
fresh mixed sprouts
extra-virgin olive oil
2 medium purple potatoes
2 white wine vinegar
1. place the water, carrot, onion, white wine and salt and pepper to taste in a large saucepan. bring to boil. drop in the lobster and simmer for 4 minutes. remove the lobster from the broth, remove its shell, and cut the tail in half, then in 1-inch medallions. set aside.
2. place the mixed loose leaf salad, fresh mixed sprouts and edible flowers in a bowl and dress with vinaigrette made of 1 part lemon to 2 parts extra virgin olive oil. set aside.
3. peel the potatoes and cut in half. place in a saucepan of cold water and bring to the boil. simmer for approximately 20 minutes or until cooked. drain. mash the potatoes together with a little olive oil and salt, pepper to taste. place the mashed potatoes in a canister, close the canister and charge it with a N2O catridge. set aside.
4. 2hisk together salt, 1 tablespoon olive oil, thyme and majoram to make a sauce. set aside.
5. clean and trim artichokes removing tough outer leaves and its heart. combine 2 cups water and white wine vinegar in a saucepan and bring to a boil. add the artichokes and boil for 20 minutes or until just tender. drain and cut into quarters. set aside.
6. to assemble the salad, place the lobster pieces under a salamander or warming grill for 2 minutes. arrange lobster pieces in the middle of the serving plates and dress with the sauce. decorate each plate on one side with a shot of purple potato foam and garnish the foam with a teaspoon of black caviar. place a handful of dressed salad on the other side of each plate and arrange the artichoke quarters over the salad. complete the plates with a light sprinkling of maldon salt.
- goop, septemeber 2011; terrazza danieli