prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
servings: 4 - 6
1 pound dried linguine
1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
6 garlic cloves - sliced
1 pound small clams - scrubbed
1 tablespoon red chile flakes
1 cup dry white wine
1 bunch italian parsley
3 tablespoons salt
1. bring 6 quarts of water to a boil. salt the water. drop the linguine into the boiling water.
2. while pasta cooks, make the sauce. in a 12 - 14-inch saute pan, heat the olive oil over medium high heat. ad the sliced garlic. cook the garlic until it's fragrant.
3. before the garlic gets too brown, add the clams. add the chili flakes and white wine. cover the pan and cook until the clams steam open.
4. while cooking, coarsely chop parsley, including stems.
5. drain the linguine when it is one minute short of the cooking time on the package instructions and put it in the saute pan with the clams. toss the pasta in the pan to allow it to absorb the broth.
6. remove any unopened clams. add parsley and toss together. serve the pasta. finish with a pinch of chilies.
- goop, march 2011