prep time: tbd
cook time: tbd
3 tablespoons olive oil
2 pounds ground chicken breast
2 tablespoons chili powder
2 teaspoons ground cumin
1 cup taco sauce
1 15-ounce can black beans, drained
1 cup frozen corn
8 8-inch soft corn or flour tortillas
2 1/2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
1. preheat oven to 425 degrees and cut the tortillas in quarters. set aside.
2. preheat a large skillet over medium high heat. add 2 tablespoons of the olive oil to the skillet.
3. add ground chicken and season with chili powder and cumin. brown the meat, about 5 minutes. add taco sauce, black beans and corn. heat the mixture through then season with salt to taste.
4. coat a shallow baking dish with remaining tablespoon of olive oil.
5. start with a layer of the meat mixture, then layer with tortillas and then cheese. repeat for a second layer, ending with cheese.
6. bake lasagna 12 to 15 minutes until cheese is slightly browned.
- mama walton