prep time: 40 minutes
chill time: 2 - 24 hours
servings: 12 - 16
12 ounces dried mostaccioli or penne
2 - 3 cups cherry tomatoes - quartered
1 - 2 medium cucumbers - halved lengthwise and sliced
4 green onions - sliced
1/2 cup olive oil
1/2 cup lemon juice
2 tablespoons snipped fresh basil or 2 teaspoons dried basil
1 tablespoon anchovy paste (optional)
4 - 6 cloves garlic - minced
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1 cup crumbled feta cheese
fresh oregano leaves
1. cook pasta according to package directions. drain in a colander. rinse with cold water; drain again.
2. in a large bowl toss together the cooked pasta, tomatoes, cucumber and green onions.
3. in a screw-top jar combine the olive oil, lemon juice, basil 2 tablespoons oregano, anchovy paste, garlic, salt and pepper. cover and shake well. drizzle over pasta mixture; toss to coat.
4. cover and chill in refrigerator for at least 2 hours or up to 24 hours. to serve, add feta, toss and sprinkle with fresh oregano leaves.
- better homes and garden, june 2008